Dear CCS Families and Friends,
The CCS 2019 Chicken BBQ & Auction has come and gone. God gave us a great weekend! What made the weekend great? Here are some of the amazing things that happened this past weekend:
- CCS students packed 10,000 Chicken-Flavored Vegetable and Rice Soup meals for the Twin Valley Food Pantry. Meals of Hope supplied the ingredients, and our students supplied the manpower to pack these meals for the Food Pantry . . . Praise God! The senior class planned, prayed, and ran the food packing event to include organizing a worship chapel for the entire school, middle/high school discussion groups, and middle/high school service groups.
- CCS sold 2,220 chicken dinners! Beginning at 11:30 am the CCS kitchen was hopping, packing meals for businesses and families in our community. Families could pick up their chicken dinners through our drive-up service or come into the gymnasium to sit and eat or take their chicken home.
- CCS welcomed 150 bidders to our auction on Saturday. While we had 150 bidders, we had many more people present on campus enjoying our Cougar Café, Craft Store, Live Auction, Food Area, and Kidz Zone. A few highlights from the Auction:
· Every year we have a “Special Project” that we present to our auction friends; these projects can be immediate and/or long-term needs the school has. This year we shared an immediate need (our middle school steps) and a long-term need (building our Endowment Fund). PRAISE God we raised $1,000 to fix the steps and added $5,585 to our Endowment Fund!!
· We auctioned off personalized parking spaces for 4 seniors and 2 VIP parking spaces for patrons for after school-events . . . we raised $1,400 on these items!!
· Our class baskets stole the show again. J Our parent volunteers put baskets together that focused on Philly Sports, Camping, Snow Days, Parent Breaks, Gift Cards, Grillin' and Chillin', and more. Parents, grandparents, and alumni had bidding wars that brought laughter, cheers, and blessings to our school.
THANK YOU for praying for our BBQ & Auction.
The PRELIMINARY projection is that we are close to making budget. We are anticipating falling short of our $44,500 budget by only about $4,000.
Please keep praying for 3 things in particular:
- We need only $800 to meet our goal of $3,000 for our Food Packing Event.
- We need to sell the beautiful 8’ X 12’ shed that was donated to CCS. The bid at the auction fell through. If you would like to purchase an awesome shed for your home, contact the office now.
- Pray for our online auction that runs until October 31. You will find some great items on our online auction. Visit our online auction by clicking the following link:
Have a blessed day.